- we need to implement the recommendations of the CEC report, because we have the ability to engage in multiple areas: arts, civics and business.
- we need to serve and create connectedness with creative professionals and knowledge workers to retain them in our community, because the more “smarties”, the more economic vibrancy.
- in educating our community to create an awareness of issues which need to be overcome and areas of pride, because it will change mindsets which will result in social change.
- in our ability to collaborate because it will lead to higher quality outcomes.
- Fresno can be the place we want it to be (vibrant, edgy, cool, fun), because it will make Fresno a home and help attract and retain creative professionals.
- things can change, because we will raise and broaden Fresno’s expectations of its community.
- knowledge workers are important, because they bring positive change by way of a diverse community.
- diversity benefits the greater community, because it brings exposure to new ideas and cultures.