In January 2004 a small group of young professionals got together to drive the popular Creative Cities Movement in Fresno. From that small initial group, Creative Fresno has moved on to become a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a bold, progressive board of directors who pride themselves on being creative problem solvers. In a short amount of time, the organization has had many successes:
- MindHub — a listserv facilitating a community conversation for creative professionals throughout the Central Valley
- Participating in the Mayor’s Creative Economy Council — passionate about championing and monitoring the progress of the goals set forth in the report, Making the Grass Greener: Recommendations to Retain, Attract, Develop and Support Knowledge Workers
- Awards from the American Planning Association
- Livability Survey Report, Livability Priorities for the Fresno Creative Class
- The Mural Project in Downtown Fresno
- Monthly Creative Blenders, social gatherings at a variety of Fresno locales
With such a diverse membership and support base, Creative Fresno has the ability to engage in multiple arenas: arts, civic and business. We bring a fresh prospective to the table and demand that people not just talk about changing our community, but work together to make it happen.